Marlene N. Kasman, PhD, CGP, is a leading Licensed Psychologist currently serving patients at her private practice in East Northport, New York. Her goal is to help people empower themselves, enhance their quality of life, and enjoy fulfilling relationships. Marlene seeks to help them improve their personal relationships, utilizing individual and group psychotherapy. Her experience and work with couples in marriage counseling and family therapy is extensive and also specializes in the treatment of those who struggle with eating disorders, suffer with infertility issues, and the elderly and their families. In all of these areas, family counseling and relationship counseling is extremely helpful as it provides the tools for effective communication and is essential in the building of trust. Marlene earned her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Postdoctoral Diploma in Group Psychotherapy, Postdoctoral Diploma in Group Psychotherapy, and Postdoctoral Diploma in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy from Adelphi University. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, the National Registry of Certified Group Therapists, the American Psychological Association, the American Group Psychotherapy Association, the New York State Psychological Association, the Suffolk County Psychological Association, the Northeast Psychological Associates, and the Southeast Florida Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology. Earlier in her career, she served as President of the Suffolk County Psychological Association (1995-1997).
Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD's Expert Contributions
Professional Society Memberships
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, American Psychological Association, American Group Psychotherapy Association, New York State Psychological Association, Suffolk County Psychological Association, Northeast Psychological Associates, Southeast Florida Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being personable and being able to empathize with others without being judgemental. Theoretically, she has the training and experience with over 50 years of marriage to her husband.
Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD's Practice location
East Northport, NY 11731Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kasman
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Demisexual?
There are a variety of sexual identities in this world and each individual has his or her own sexual identity. One type of sexual identity is demisexuality. It is not as commonly heard and many people may also ask, "What is demisexual?"If you don’t know much about this sexuality other than hearing...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- The 8 Traits of a Sociopath
Have you ever known someone who tends to be jittery, gets easily agitated on the slightest matters, seems nervous with certain situations, or may have a violent response towards others in certain cases? You may find yourself concerned that this individual could pose a potential threat to the people...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545
- Dr. Paul L. Doolan PSY.D.1720 Post Rd E Westport Connecticut 06880
- Dr. Amy Beth Rosenberg PSYD485 Underhill Boulevard Syosset NY 11791
- Dr. Anna Maria Badini PH.D. Stamford Connecticut 06906
- Dr. Jacqueline Sabarese PHD191 Broadway Amityville Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Judith Barbara Rosenblum PH.D.627 Broadway Massapequa NY 11758