Dr. Jessemae Welsh is a general surgeon practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Welsh specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Welsh provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School MD 2009
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cancer Treatment
- Cancer Surgery
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Nipple-sparing Mastectomy
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Surgical Oncology
- Member American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member Society of Surgical Oncology
- Member American College of Surgeons
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics General Surgery 2011
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics General Surgery 2016
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Surgery 2013
- Mayo Clinic Breast Surgical Oncology 2017
Dr. Jessemae Lynn Welsh M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
SPOKANE VALLEY, WA 99216Get Direction
Spokane, WA 99202Get Direction
Spokane, WA 99218Get Direction
Dr. Jessemae Lynn Welsh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- Dr. Darwin D. Peterson D.O.540 East Jefferson Street Iowa City Iowa 52245
- Dr. Muneera Rehana Kapadia M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John R. Cheregi M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Cynthia Lee MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Vanessa R Humphreville M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Zoe A. Stewart M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242