Dr. Ivan Mefford MD
Family Practitioner1505 Liberty St Richmond Texas, 77469
Dr. Ivan Mefford is a family practitioner practicing in Richmond, Texas. Dr. Mefford specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Mefford possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1995
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Effects of different semipermeable membranes on in vitro and in vivo performance of microdialysis probes.
- A cerebrospinal fluid study of the pathophysiology of panic disorder associated with alcoholism.
- Neurotensin and cholecystokinin microinjected into the ventral tegmental area modulate microdialysate concentrations of dopamine and metabolites in the posterior nucleus accumbens.
- Quantitative examination of tissue concentration profiles associated with microdialysis.
- Lithium effects on noradrenergic-linked adenylate cyclase activity in intact rat brain: an in vivo microdialysis study.
- Levels of biogenic amines, their metabolites, and tyrosine hydroxylase activity in the human epileptic temporal cortex.
- Effects of morphine administration on catecholamine levels in rat brain; specific reduction of epinephrine concentration in hypothalamus.
- Quantitative microdialysis: analysis of transients and application to
- Reduction of arginine vasopressin binding sites in mouse lateral septum by treatment with 6-hydroxydopamine.
- Increased ratio of quinolinic acid to kynurenic acid in cerebrospinal fluid of D retrovirus-infected rhesus macaques: relationship to clinical and viral status.
- Antagonism of ethanol intoxication in rats by inhibitors of phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase.
- Indomethacin prevents increased catecholamine turnover in rat brain following systemic endotoxin challenge.
- Improved diabetes control and pancreatic function in a type 2 diabetic after
- Rapid nocturnal increase in ovine pineal N-acetyltransferase activity and melatonin synthesis: effects of cycloheximide.
- Modification of reversed-phase separations of small molecules using non-ionic surfactants and mixed ionic-non-ionic surfactants.
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Ear Wax
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Vascular Disease
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Over 125 Articles, Multiple Book Chapters
Hobbies / Sports
- Gardening, Farming
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Family Physicians Journal, Scientific American Magazine, Chemistry Journals
Dr. Ivan Mefford MD's Practice location
Richmond, Texas 77469Get Direction
Dr. Ivan Mefford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mefford
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Why Is Taurine Used in Energy Drinks?
TaurineAmino acids are used to build proteins in the body. Taurine is classified as a conditional amino acid, which is not used to build proteins in the body. It is found throughout the body, but it is mostly concentrated in the brain, heart, eyes, and muscles. Taurine is produced in the body but...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Dr. Nina G. Desai DO3533 TOWN CENTER BLVD S SUGAR LAND TX 77479
- Dr. Humera Naqvi MD23960 Katy Fwy Katy TX 77494
- Dr. Ata Tom Salek M.D.1140 Business Center Dr Houston Texas 77043
- Dr. Tayma S Shaya MD16651 Southwest Fwy Sugar Land TX 77479
- Dr. Deidra Deshun Allen MD9898 Bissonnet St Houston TX 77036
- Dr. Anthony J Popek M.D.10497 Town And Country Way Houston TX 77024