Dr. Bruce M. Schnapf DO
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology2 Tampa General Cir 2nd Floor Tampa FL, 33606
As Division Chief of the Department of Pediatrics program, I also serve as Medical Director for our Cystic Fibrosis Affiliate Center and Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening program. In addition, I serve ...
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1977
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Respiratory distress due to minocycline-induced pulmonary lupus.
- Flexible endoscopy of the pediatric airway.
- Intralobar pulmonary sequestration associated with a congenital pulmonary airway malformation type II.
- Oxygen desaturation during fiberoptic bronchoscopy in pediatric patients.
- Lack of effect of short-term passive smoking on the metabolic disposition of theophylline.
- How to measure secondhand smoke exposure in a pediatric clinic setting.
- Right pneumonectomy syndrome in infancy treated with an expandable prosthesis.
- The management of respiratory failure in infants and children.
- Beta-agonist inhaler causing hallucinations.
- Esophageal obstruction in a tracheostomized infant.
- Awarded by Pediatric Residents Pediatric Attending of the Year Award
- American College of Chest Physicians Governor's Community Service Award
- Intern Teaching Award
- Asthma, Chronic Cough, Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- University of South Florida (USF) Affiliated Hospitals
- Case Western Reserve University Affiliated Hospitals
- MetroHealth Medical Center Program
- Pediatric Pulmonary, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 1983
Dr. Bruce M. Schnapf DO's Practice location
Tampa, FL 33606Get Direction
Dr. Bruce M. Schnapf DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schnapf
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- Children Who Have Low Levels of Vitamin D Are at Risk for Infection
A new study has shown that infants who are 3-months-old and have vitamin D levels lower than 25 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) are two times more likely to have respiratory infections, when compared to children who have levels above 75 nmol/L. In this study, published in the journal Pediatrics,...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Tanya M Martinez-fernandez M.D.880 6th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Deanna Mae Green MD601 5TH ST S ST PETERSBURG FL 33701
- Dr. Anthony Kriseman M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Magdalen Gondor M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Jeffrey Mark Ewig M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Yanerys M Colon-cortes MD2 TAMPA GENERAL CIR # 5TH TAMPA FL 33606