Dr. Owen P. Phillips MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Maternal & Fetal Medicine1407 Union Ave Suite 200 Memphis TN, 38104
Dr. Owen Phillips is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Phillips specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Phillips can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Phillips can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
- Preliminary comparison of papanicolaou smear and speculoscopy for assessing cervical cancer precursor lesions in pregnant adolescents.
- Fetal 'space-suit' hydrops in the first trimester: differentiating risk for chromosome abnormalities by delineating characteristics of nuchal translucency.
- New aspects of injectable contraception.
- Maternal serum screening for fetal Down syndrome in women less than 35 years of age using alpha-fetoprotein, hCG, and unconjugated estriol: a prospective 2-year study.
- Venous thromboembolism in the pregnant woman.
- Transvaginal chorionic villus sampling using transabdominal ultrasound guidance.
- High frequency of cytogenetic abnormalities in fetuses with cystic hygroma diagnosed in the first trimester.
- Job satisfaction among obstetrician-gynecologists: a comparison between private practice physicians and academic physicians.
- Minimal fetomaternal transfusion in ultrasound-guided fetal skin sampling.
- Prenatal diagnosis with fetal cells isolated from maternal blood by multiparameter flow cytometry.
- Sister chromatid exchange frequency in directly prepared cytotrophoblasts: demonstration of in vivo deoxyribonucleic acid damage in pregnant women who smoke cigarettes.
- Who should be tested for fragile X carriership? A review of 1 center's pedigrees.
- Segregation analysis and genetic counseling when both parents carry balanced chromosomal translocations.
- Disinfection by the Fumes from Burning Coffee; an Experimental Study.
- Direct analysis of uncultured cytotrophoblastic cells from second- and third-trimester placentas: an accurate and rapid method for detection of fetal chromosome abnormalities.
Dr. Owen P. Phillips MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38104Get Direction
Memphis, TN 38132Get Direction
MEMPHIS, TN 38120Get Direction
Dr. Owen P. Phillips MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Phillips
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Peritoneal Cancer?
Peritoneum refers to the thin tissue lining of the abdominal cavity that protects the organs within the cavity. Fluid produced by the peritoneal tissue keeps the organs moist and allows smooth movement of the organs within the cavity. This epithelial tissue lining covers multiple organs, like...
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- 5 Tips on Living with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a very serious condition. Sadly, in a decent amount of cases, this horrible disease has a fatal outcome. That’s why people who are suffering from ovarian cancer should really take this illness seriously. The most important thing you need to remember is to visit your doctor much...
- A Link Between Celiac Disease and Infertility
A confusing connection – celiac disease and infertilityHere are some stories about moms who experienced infertility linked to celiac disease.Lindsey Reimer became pregnant in 2013, however, in 2010 she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seventeen weeks after becoming pregnant, she lost her baby...
- Endometriosis and Infertility
Endometriosis is one of main causes of infertility among women. However, there is no single cause when it comes to endometriosis. Rather, there are several factors that decrease the chances of conception among women diagnosed with endometriosis.The real cause of endometriosis is not known, even...
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- Dr. Riad Homsi MD80 Humphreys Center Memphis Tennessee 38120
- Dr. Linda F Moses MD1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132
- Dr. Ceylon M Rowland MD3855 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Corey Shane Mcglothan M.D.1264 Wesley Dr Memphis TN 38116
- Dr. Heather O Donato M.D.7205 Wolf River Blvd Germantown TN 38138
- Dr. Robert Summitt MD7800 Wolf Trail Cv Germantown TN 38138