Dr. Michael Balsan is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Johnstown, PA. Dr. Balsan cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
- Effects of a clinically detectable PDA on pulmonary mechanics measures in VLBW infants with RDS.
- How to Score the Sexual Experiences Survey? A Comparison of Nine Methods.
- Effect of pulse dexamethasone therapy on the incidence and severity of chronic lung disease in the very low birth weight infant.
- Ventilatory management casebook. Lung perforation and encirclement of the great vessels by a malpositioned chest tube.
- Ventilatory pump failure in premature newborns.
- Pulse dexamethasone does not impair growth and body composition of very low birth weight infants.
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Dr. Michael J Balsan MD's Practice location
Johnstown, PA 15901Get Direction
ERIE, PA 16550Get Direction
Dr. Michael J Balsan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...