Dr. Alberto Ricart M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease13819 Hanson Blvd Nw Andover MN, 55304
Dr. Alberto Ricart is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Andover, MN. Dr. Ricart specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
National University Henriquez Urena MD 1986
National University of Pedro Henriquez Urena / School of Medicine 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Infectious Diseases; Danbury Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Alberto Ricart M.D.'s Practice location
Andover, MN 55304Get Direction
FRIDLEY, MN 55432Get Direction
Dr. Alberto Ricart M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ricart
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Can Zika Virus Cause Complications?
We live in a world where there are infection-causing viruses and germs prevalent in large numbers. As medical science progresses and attempts to find cures and remedies for these viruses, the viruses change form, grow stronger and strike back causing other forms of illnesses. While there are...
- 5 Tips On Living with HIV
HIV, which stands for human immunodeficiency virus, is an infection that attacks the human being's defense system. When the infection gets into the body, it slowly destroys the immune system, leaving the body weak to various infections. As the virus continues to stay in the body, it develops from...
- Fever in Adults: What You Should Know
The normal body temperature of a human being is 37° C. However, it may change throughout the day due to several factors. When the body’s temperature is elevated, it is described as a fever. Unlike the standard body temperature, a fever is not a constant temperature. In some instances,...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Dr. Elliot Francke M.D.825 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis Minnesota 55402
- Dr. Winston P Cavert MD420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Stephen Robert Obaid M.D.6363 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435
- Dr. Peter Franklin Bornstein MD1959 Sloan Pl Saint Paul MN 55117
- Dr. Neelay Jitendra Kothari M.D.11676 Wayzata Blvd Hopkins MN 55305
- Dr. Christian Gerald Schrock MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422