Dr. Roy J Kim M.D.
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology34th & Civic Center Blvd Children's Hospital Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Roy Kim is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Kim specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Endocrinology
Dr. Roy J Kim M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
CLEVELAND, OH 44195Get Direction
Dr. Roy J Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- What is Apert Syndrome?
Apert syndrome, named after the French physician who described the condition for the first time, is a genetic disorder characterized by several birth defects. Children with this syndrome will have an abnormally developed face and skull. This syndrome is rare and in most cases, it develops even when...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Dr. Preneet Cheema Brar MD34th & Civic Center Blvd. Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Wilma C Rossi M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Charles A Stanley M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Michael A Levine MD34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Lorraine E Katz M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. David R Langdon M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104