Dr. Elias Georges Karroum M.D, PH.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Elias Karroum practices Sleep Medicine in Springfield, IL. Dr. Karroum studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Case scenario: anesthetic implications of restless legs syndrome.
- [Acute exacerbation of restless legs syndrome during perioperative procedures: case reports and suggested management].
- Sensations in restless legs syndrome.
- Topography of the sensations in primary restless legs syndrome.
- Painful restless legs syndrome: a severe, burning form of the disease.
- Characterization of the painful restless legs syndrome.
- Melatonin for Sleep Disorders in Patients with Neurodegenerative Diseases.
Dr. Elias Georges Karroum M.D, PH.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20037Get Direction
Dr. Elias Georges Karroum M.D, PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karroum
- Brain-Dead California Girl Might be Declared “Undead” 3 Years from “Passing”
In December 2013, Jahi McMath, a 13-year-old girl from Northern California had a routine tonsillectomy in order to treat her sleep apnea. The surgery went awry and ended up causing her massive bleeding and an attack of arrhythmia, resulting in a cardiac arrest. The diagnosis read that Jahi had...
- Allergies and Sleep Apnea: The Connection?
Every spring and fall, allergies hit with a vengeance. Allergic reactions interfere with normal healthy sleep. You wake up with nasal congestion, dry mouth, and you have blocked breathing airways during the night. Waking up with blocked breathing passages during sleep are apneas. Such breathing...
- Narcolepsy: Causes and Symptoms
Narcolepsy refers to a sleep disorder characterized by excessive sleepiness during day time. It is a neurological disorder that affect the normal sleep-wake cycle. People with this condition tend to have sudden episodes of sleep that may affect during any time of the day. This disorder can affect...
- Is Insomnia Genetic?
The Genetics of InsomniaOne's DNA is not only responsible for their eye and hair color, but can also contribute to health hazards and medical issues, like insomnia. According to several studies, the often weakening and detrimental sleep disorder insomnia can be genetic and hereditary. Scientists...
- What is Sleep Apnea?
This is a sleep disorder which remains undiagnosed in most cases. In this disorder, a person’s breathing stops or gets interrupted during sleep, affecting the oxygen distribution to different organs. People affected by sleep apnea often stop sleeping briefly during the night.Two types of sleep...
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatable?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) refers to the persistent, extreme tiredness that is not caused by any underlying medical conditions, and affects the normal day-to-day activities. The fatigue in this case may continue for more than six months and may be accompanied by other symptoms, like joint pain....