Dr. Shawn Pelletier is a general surgeon practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Pelletier specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Pelletier provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Metabolic demand and renal mass supply affecting the early graft function after living donor kidney transplantation.
- Gender-related differences of renal mass supply and metabolic demand after living
- Effect of intraoperative hyperglycemia during liver transplantation.
- Biliary complications following liver transplantation in the model for end-stage liver disease era: effect of donor, recipient, and technical factors.
- Portal vein thrombosis and survival in patients with cirrhosis.
- Towards Steroid-Free Immunosuppression after Liver Transplantation.
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Shawn J. Pelletier M.D.'s Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Charlottesville, VA 22908Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22903Get Direction
Dr. Shawn J. Pelletier M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pelletier
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Affects the Recovery Period for Hernia Surgery?
Once your hernia surgery is over, one thing that you would want to ask our doctor is “When can I resume my normal activities?” Hernia surgery is performed to close the opening from where the organ protrudes and reduce the pain experienced by the patient. In most non-invasive surgery options,...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- Dr. Worthington Schenk M.D.1300 Jefferson Park Ave Charlottesville VA 22908
- Amber L Shada MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Peter T Hallowell MDUva Hospital Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Christine Lynn Lau MDLee Street Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Bruce D. Schirmer M.D.Uva Hospital Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Curtis G. Tribble M.D.1215 LEE ST CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22908