Dr. Barbara Melvin is a pediatrician practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Melvin is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Melvin diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Melvin can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Dr. Barbara Frances Melvin MD's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28804Get Direction
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28792Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Frances Melvin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prevent Neonatal Jaundice
Jaundice is also described as hyperbilirubinemia, which is a very common condition that occurs in newborns within 2 to 4 days after they’re born. It results from an excessive amount of bilirubin, which is a waste product produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Fully mature livers are capable...
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- What is Genital Herpes? Get the Facts
What is Genital Herpes? How can one identify it? What are its symptoms? Can it be treated? And if it can be treated, then how? And if not, what does one have to do? Is getting genital herpes the end of life. And since prevention is better than cure, we will also look at the ways through which you...
- Autism Parenting: Planning Safety Measures Post-Diagnosis
It can be really scary for a parent to hear about anything that might be wrong with their child. Autism is no exception. It’s one of the most common disorders affecting people from all over the world. No matter how common this disorder is, it still doesn’t make it any easier for a parent to...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- Dr. Eleanor Anne Martin M.D.2 Medical Park Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Leigh Masten Dodson MD77 Mcdowell St Asheville NC 28801
- Dr. Calvin Tomkins MD2 Medical Park Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Winifred V Morehouse MD600 Julian Ln Arden NC 28704
- Ms. Margaret Anne Bevilacqua MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Rami Arrouk M.D1200 W Main St Turlock CA 95380