Dr. Willie Underwood III, MD, MS, MPH, FACS
UrologistElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY, 14263
Dr. Willie Underwood III is a urologist practicing in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Underwood III specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1994
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1994
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Prostate Cancer
- Healthcare Delivery Research, University of Michigan; Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, National Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons, Medical Society of the State of New York, Medical Society of the County of Erie
Articles and Publications
- 78 Peer Reviewed Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Opportunities, mentorship and his personal drive
Hobbies / Sports
- Fly fishing, Raising his daughter, Healthcare policy legislation
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Urology, Harvard Business Review Magazine
Dr. Willie Underwood III, MD, MS, MPH, FACS's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14263Get Direction
The Woodlands, TX 77384Get Direction
Dr. Underwood completed his Masters of Public Health from the School of Public Health at the University of Michigan, followed by a Master's of Science from the Upstate Medical University, State University of New York. Wanting to further his education he completed his Medical Degree from the Upstate Medical University, State University of New York. After obtaining his Medical Degree Dr. Underwood completed his residency with the University of Connecticut Health Center in Connecticut. He then completed his fellowship through the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Michigan in Michigan. He certified by the American Board of Urology. Dr. Underwood traveled to Nigeria and performed the country’s first documented radical prostatectomy, and taught the local surgeons the procedure to be able to complete it themselves. Dr. Underwood is the Associate Clinical Director, RPCI Referring Physician and Patient/Family Experience Initiatives, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Associate Professor, Department of Urology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and the Clinical Associate Professor of Urology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo. He is also affiliated with Lakeshore Cancer Center. A doctor, such as Wille Underwood has special training in diagnosing and treating cancers of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs.
- How Are Imaging Tests Used For Bloody Urine?
The external physical examination is over, and a detailed medical history has been discussed with the doctor. The next step - urinalysis of the latest urine sample - indicates more than three red blood cells occupying the microscopic viewing arena. The dipstick test shows the presence of blood in...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...
- Prostate Cancer: What are the Different Medical Procedures for this Condition?
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among men. There are a number of ways to treat prostate cancer. Every method involves a process of decision making, support from friends and family, and understanding side effects that result from the treatments and dealing with them.Men with...
- What Does Blood in Your Urine Mean?
Seeing blood in your urine is an alarming thing, but the truth is that it’s usually not that serious. Nevertheless, you should inform your doctor about it so that you can be properly diagnosed. Whenever a person has blood in their urine, this is referred to as hematuria.There might be an...
- Dehydration: Does Your Urine Have An Odor?
While it is very natural for urine to have an odor, it should not be strong. Though it may not be a big issue, urine that has strong smell can be due to medical issues. Healthy urine is clear and the color of straw, and it should not smell strong.Some people may find that their urine has a strong...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Datta G. Wagle3085 Harlem Road Buffalo New York 14225
- Dr. Louis R Baumann M.D.500 Sterling Dr Orchard Park NY 14127
- Dr. Christopher J Skomra M.D.3085 Harlem Rd Buffalo NY 14225
- Dr. Eric C Kauffman MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Brian D Rambarran MD, MPH3850 SAUNDERS SETTLEMENT RD SANBORN NY 14132
- Dr. Valerie L Burkhard M.D.1540 Maple Rd Buffalo NY 14221