Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia is an infectious disease specialist in El Paso, Texas and is affiliated with Las Palmas Medical Center. She received her medical degree from A. T. Still University Kirksville College ...
Education and Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2000
- St John Health System
- Morristown Medical Center
Faculty Titles & Positions
- St John Health System
- Indiana University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Providing surgical care to indigent patients in central and south America. Co-founder of UHMLA (Unidad Hospitalaria Movil de Latino America)
Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia DO's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
EL PASO, TX 79902Get Direction
Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Live with HIV?
Discovered in the 1980s in Western and Central Africa, HIV is a virus and at the same time an infection. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. It is a virus that gets into the bloodstream and slowly attacks the human immune system. The immune system is a naturally occurring system in the body...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Can I Pass Lyme Disease to My Partner?
The chance of getting infected by Lyme disease from a single bite depends on the type of the tick, how long it has been attached, and where it is acquired from. There are many types of ticks and not all of them can cause Lyme disease. The symptoms of Lyme disease are rash, fatigue, fever, facial...
- Treating Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a nasty infection that can progress to a chronic debilitating disease with life-threatening complications if left untreated.Lyme disease is transmitted through the bite of a four-legged tick, which is also known as the deer tick or the bear tick. The tick has to be in the nymphal...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Foodborne Diseases Commonly Occur With Imported Foods
According to the CDC, imported foods from different countries are causing more outbreaks of foodborne diseases. “Among the different foods imported from other countries, fish and spices, particularly pepper, are the culprits," says Hannah Gould, PhD, said in a report presented at the International...
- Dr. Amar Safdar M.D.125 W. Hague Rd El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Carlos Neira-juarez M.D.5005 N Piedras St El Paso TX 79920
- Dr. Man Tai Lam MD1221 N Cotton St El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Carmen Rebecca Sherer MD5005 N Piedras St El Paso TX 79920
- Dr. Henry Costa M.D.10555 Vista Del Sol Dr El Paso TX 79925
- Dr. Richard E Pieri MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66103