Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia is an infectious disease specialist in El Paso, Texas and is affiliated with Las Palmas Medical Center. She received her medical degree from A. T. Still University Kirksville College ...
Education and Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2000
- St John Health System
- St Louis University Health Science Center 2005
Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia DO's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
EL PASO, TX 79902Get Direction
Dr. Jacquelyn Gouveia DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Myths About Meningitis
You've probably heard stories of people who have died of meningitis, or you've heard that contracting it is as simple as kissing someone with the infection. However, being aware of what is fact and what is fiction is important. Below are some of the myths about meningitis and their truths. ...
- 5 Tips on Living with Cholera
Cholera, an acute infection that is characterized by diarrhea, is caused by Vibrio cholerae. These are among the most common organisms found on water surfaces of the world. It is caused by the enterotoxin subunit-A of Vibrio cholerae.When living with cholera, one has to have the basic knowledge of...
- Mono Rash: Get the Facts
What is mono?Infectious mononucleosis or "mono" for short is a viral infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Although mono can affect people of all ages, it usually occurs in teenagers. The virus is transmitted and spread through infected saliva. For this reason, the infection is regarded...
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis: A Disease That Might Spread Beyond the Lungs
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?Pulmonary tuberculosis or (TB) indicates a contagious bacterial infection involving the lungs but can also spread to various parts of the human body.What are the symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis?People suffering from this lung condition would commonly experience the...
- How Healthcare Workers Can Protect Themselves
As a healthcare worker, having better hygiene habits is not only better for you, it lowers the risk of infection for everyone around you. With the existence of COVID-19, it is essential to re-evaluate your current hygiene habits and encourage others to, to reduce the spread of the virus. A virus...
- What Are the Symptoms of Cold Sores?
What are cold sores?Cold sores or fever blisters are a very common perioral condition caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus. Type 1 usually causes cold sores, although in some cases, the cold sores can also be caused by type 2. It is usually...
- Dr. Amar Safdar M.D.125 W. Hague Rd El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Carlos Neira-juarez M.D.5005 N Piedras St El Paso TX 79920
- Dr. Man Tai Lam MD1221 N Cotton St El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Carmen Rebecca Sherer MD5005 N Piedras St El Paso TX 79920
- Dr. Henry Costa M.D.10555 Vista Del Sol Dr El Paso TX 79925
- Dr. Aymara Yadira Chang lopez M.D.4800 ALBERTA AVE EL PASO TX 79905