Dr. Howard Higgins is a Dentist practicing in Paintsville, KY. Dr. Higgins specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Howard L Higgins DMD's Practice location
Paintsville, KY 41240Get Direction
Howard L Higgins DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Higgins
- Why are my Gums Bleeding?
Bleeding gums can result from a number of other health conditions, and can also result from vigorous brushing of the teeth or even wearing dentures that don’t fit correctly.The most common causes of bleeding gums include:...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- Gummy Bears That Contain Xylitol Can Reduce Cavities
A new study has shown that gummy bears made of xylitol, a sugar substitute, can prevent cavities in children. In this study, 154 students from first to fifth grade of an elementary school in Washington were recruited. The students were given four gummy bears made with xylitol or malitol three times...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- Dr. Justin W Pratt DMD1183 Stanford Rd Lancaster KY 40444
- Dr. Beth Ann Ratliff DMD128 Cardinal Ct Salyersville KY 41465
- Dr. Sharon N Neeley DMDRt. 3 North Inez KY 41224
- Dr. Misty Dawn Clark D.M.D.83 Oak Ridge Ct Prestonsburg KY 41653
- Dr. Martin Russell Minix DMD253 Hager Branch East Point KY 41216
- Dr. Gary D. Brown D.M.D.455 Main St Paintsville KY 41240