Dr. Bret Avra is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Paducah, KY. Dr. Avra specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Avra is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Avra are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Bret A Avra D,M.D.'s Practice location
Paducah, KY 42003Get Direction
Bret A Avra D,M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Most Common Misconceptions about Muscular Dystrophy
What is Muscular Dystrophy?Muscular Dystrophy is considered as a group of muscle diseases which leads to degeneration of the skeletal system leading to skeletal changes or the muscles and reduction in flexibility. This disease generally affects the muscular system and some other parts of the body....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Dr. Robbie J. Harris III4975 Alben Barkley Dr Paducah Kentucky 42001
- Dr. Thomas Nathan Bowles D.M.D, M.D.2850 LONE OAK RD. PADUCAH KY 42003
- Dr. Robert Donald Heine DMD2850 LONE OAK RD STE #5 PADUCAH KY 42003
- Dr. Brent Fredrick Newby D.D.S.1836 Broadway Street Paducah KY 42001
- Dr. Brian Tory Heine DMD2850 LONE OAK RD STE #6 PADUCAH KY 42003
- Dr. Mark Allen Miller M.D., D.M.D.200 Spring Valley Dr Paducah KY 42003