Dr. Charles Kim is a physiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Kim is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Kim focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Kim can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1990
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR- Pain Medicine
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Charles Kim M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10017Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Charles Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- What Is Spinal Decompression?
The human back is a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, bones, joints, and nerves. It is common for people to experience back problems at some point in their life for a variety of reasons. Since the pain can radiate into the back and even from other parts of the body, it is very difficult to...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Dr. George Forrest M.D.326 S PEARL ST ALBANY NY 12202
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD63-Shaker Rd ALBANY NY 12204
- Dr. Farag W Aboelsaad M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Andrew Howard Dubin M.D.1367 Washington Avenue Albany NY 12206
- Dr. James Jay Cole MD PHD1672 Western Avenue Albany NY 12203
- Dr. Shan Babeendran D.O.550 First Avenue New York NY 10016