Dr. Charles Kim is a physiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Kim is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Kim focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Kim can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1990
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR- Pain Medicine
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Charles Kim M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10017Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Charles Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
If you have risk factors for osteoporosis – postmenopausal women with vitamin D deficiency – do not wait until the symptoms are out to get screened. According to statistics, a major contributor for osteoporosis doesn’t have any noticeable symptoms. By the time you have a bone fracture, feel...
- Prozac Weight Gain: Does Prozac Cause Weight Gain?
What is Prozac?Prozac is an anti-depressant drug that finds its use in treating mental problems. The problem might be caused by an unbalanced brain due to the panic, anxiety, and depression. This anti-depressant drug is used to treat mental problems by affecting the chemicals in the brain.Prozac is...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Farag W Aboelsaad M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Andrew Howard Dubin M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. James Jay Cole MD PHD1672 Western Avenue Albany NY 12203
- Dr. Shan Babeendran D.O.550 First Avenue New York NY 10016
- Dr. John Lewis Fedullo D. O.4988 State Highway 30 Amsterdam NY 12010