Dr. Latanya Tamara Benjamin M.D.
Dermatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Dermatology450 Broadway St Pavilion C-240 Redwood City CA, 94063
Dr. Latanya Benjamin is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in Redwood City, CA. Dr. Benjamin specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Benjamin diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
- Distraction anesthesia for pediatric dermatology procedures.
- Delineating capillary malformations in the operating suite using white eyeliner pencil.
- Sudden onset vision loss in an 8-year-old female with McCune-Albright syndrome.
- Birthmarks of medical significance in the neonate.
- Salivary gland choristoma (heterotopic salivary gland tissue) on the anterior chest wall of a newborn.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital 2008
- Children's Memorial Hospital 2009
- Jourl of the American Academy of DermatologyAn open-label study to evaluate sildefil for the treatment of lymphatic malformations.2014
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYHuman Papilloma Virus is not Prevalent in Nevus Sebaceus2014
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYRapidly Involuting Congenital Hemangioma Associated with Profound, Transient Thrombocytopenia2014
- Pediatric dermatologySalivary gland choristoma2014
- Pediatric dermatologySudden Onset Vision Loss in an 8-year-old Female with McCune-Albright Syndrome.2014
- SEMIRS IN PERITOLOGYBirthmarks of medical significance in the neote2013
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYClear-Cell Papulosis: A Rare Entity That May Be Misconstrued Pathologically as Normal Skin2012
- J Invest DermatolMosaic Activating RAS Mutations in Nevus Sebaceus and Nevus Sebaceus Syndrome2012
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYDelineating Capillary Malformations in the Operating Suite Using White Eyeliner Pencil2011
- Ear, nose, & throat jourlChronic rhinitis: a manifestation of leprosy.2011
- ARCHIVES OF DERMATOLOGYCongenital Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita Vertical Transfer of Materl2011
- Arch DermatolCongenital epidermolysis bullosa acquisita2011
- The Child?s Doctor Jourl of Children?s Memorial HospitalDermatology Quiz? CME article (Frey syndrome)2008
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYDistraction anesthesia for pediatric dermatology procedures2007
- Teach More Love More NewsletterSun Safety Tips for Kids: What every parent ought to know.2007
- Current Pediatric Therapy -18th editionSun Protection in the Pediatric Patient2006
- J Am Acad DermatolInfantile midline facial hemangioma with agenesis of the corpus callosum and sinus pericranii2006
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGYSuccessful acne magement in Apert syndrome twins2005
- Pediatr DermatolGiant Aplasia Cutis Congenita without Associated Anomalies2004
- The Clear Perspective: Maging Acne in the Primary Care SettingAcne Pathogenesis2004
Dr. Latanya Tamara Benjamin M.D.'s Practice location
Redwood City, CA 94063Get Direction
DAVIE, FL 33328Get Direction
Dr. Latanya Tamara Benjamin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Benjamin
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- What is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is a skin problem that develops in the area beneath the diaper. Appearance of this condition ranges from irritated, reddish skin to pimples and blisters in the diaper area. In mild cases, the skin will be slightly reddish in color and warm to touch. For some infants, it appears in the...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- Everything Parents Should Know Before Treating Heat Rash
Heat rash, which is also called as "miliaria" or "prickly heat" is a condition that affects the skin mostly out of a blockage of the sweat ducts. The blockage of these sweat pores is mostly known to be as a result of excess sweating, which leaves the pores unable to excrete all the sweat. Upon...
- What Is Baby Acne?
What is Baby Acne?Does your child have more pimples than those of an eighth grader? This pimply appearance of puberty is very common, often beginning at two to three weeks of age. It affects more than forty percent of all infants. Fortunately, it isn’t permanent and doesn’t cause any trouble to...