Dr. Joseph C Carmichael MD
Colon and Rectal Surgeon333 City Blvd W Suite 850 Orange CA, 92868
Dr. Joseph Carmichael is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Orange, CA. Dr. Carmichael specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Carmichael often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Effect of the 80-hour workweek on resident burnout.
- Reoperation for small bowel obstruction--how critical is the timing?
- Comparison of outcomes of laparoscopic versus open appendectomy in adults: data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS), 2006-2008.
- Outcomes of right vs. left colectomy for colon cancer.
- Utilization of laparoscopy in colorectal surgery for cancer at academic medical centers: does site of surgery affect rate of laparoscopy?
- Outcomes of laparoscopic and open appendectomy for acute appendicitis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Predictive factors of splenic injury in colorectal surgery: data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample, 2006-2008.
- Comparison of outcomes of laparoscopic versus open appendectomy in children: data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS), 2006-2008.
- Transanal excision of rectal cancer: a work in progress.
- Does laparoscopic appendectomy impart an advantage over open appendectomy in elderly patients?
- Predictive factors of early bowel obstruction in colon and rectal surgery: data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample, 2006-2008.
- Predictive factors of in-hospital mortality in colon and rectal surgery.
- Risk factors for anastomotic leakage after anterior resection for rectal cancer.
- Predictive factors of acute renal failure in colon and rectal surgery.
- Robotic-assisted extralevator abdominoperineal resection in the lithotomy position: technique and early outcomes.
- Best Doctors in America (Colon and Rectal Surgery) 2013
- Dalton Research Fellowship Award 1998
- Golden Scapel Resident Award 2002
- Haggar Foundation Scholarship 1993-1997
- Tulane Founder's Scholarship 1993-1997
- William S. Cheney, MD, Surgical Resident Award 2005
- 2013 Best Doctors in America (Colon and Rectal Surgery)
- 1998 Dalton Research Fellowship Award
- 2002 Golden Scapel Resident Award
- 1993-1997 Haggar Foundation Scholarship
- University of Missouri Medical School Scholarship 1997-2001 University of Missouri Medical School Scholarship
- 2005 William S. Cheney, MD, Surgical Resident Award
- Gastrointestinal Surgery, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Minimally Invasive Surgery And More
- Cook County Hospital, Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Joseph C Carmichael MD's Practice location
Orange, CA 92868Get Direction
ORANGE, CA 92868Get Direction
Dr. Joseph C Carmichael MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carmichael
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Dr. Babak N. Rad M.D.510 SUPERIOR AVE NEWPORT BEACH CA 92663
- Dr. Steven Derek Mills MD5901 E 7th St Long Beach CA 90822
- Dr. Imad A Shbeeb MD10931 Cherry St Los Alamitos CA 90720
- Dr. Siamak Milanchi M.D.16300 SAND CANYON AVE STE 604 IRVINE CA 92618
- Dr. Anita Kay Gregory M.D.1010 W La Veta Ave Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Kevin Kinzinger M.D.100 E Valencia Mesa Dr Fullerton CA 92835