Dr. Leslie Zimmerman practices Pulmonology in San Francisco, CA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Zimmerman manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 1984
Dr. Leslie Helen Zimmerman MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94121Get Direction
Dr. Leslie Helen Zimmerman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing COPD
If you have symptoms that are likely to be of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), visit your doctor as soon as possible. You can receive a proper diagnosis if you have COPD after several breathing tests have been administered.Early detection of COPD is essential for those who may be at...
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins Could Help Fight Cystic Fibrosis
Doctors and medical professionals in recent years have prescribed numerous antibiotics to cystic fibrosis patients in order to counteract Burkholderia cenocepacia, bacteria that are known to cause lung infections in those with cystic fibrosis.It has become apparent in recent years that these...
- What Is Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation?
What Is Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation?Paroxysmal is a condition derived from atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation (AFib) refers to abnormal heartbeats. These impulses are not just irregular heartbeats, but appear as vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart. Once a person suffers from the...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a serious secondary immunodeficiency disorder. AIDS is caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). There is progressive destruction of cell-mediated (T cell) immunity. Also, both conditions are characterized by subsequent effects on humoral immunity...
- Guaifenesin Drug Interactions
What is guaifenesin?It is an expectorant. It helps to cough out mucus through the mouth. It is known to reduce chest congestion caused by infections, common cold or allergies, respiratory illnesses, and bronchitis. It is not used to treat cough caused by smoking and long-term breathing problems....
- Dr. Carolyn Suzanne Calfee MD4150 Clement St San Francisco CA 94121
- Dr. John R Greenland M.D., PH.D.4050 Clement Street San Francisco CA 94121
- Dr. George Su M.D.517 21st Ave San Francisco CA 94121
- Dr. Henry Benfer Kaltreider M.D.4150 Clement St San Francisco CA 94121
- Dr. George Herbert Caughey M.D.4150 Clement St San Francisco CA 94121
- Dr. Neil Nitin Trivedi M.D.4150 Clement St San Francisco CA 94121