Dr. Michael John Labellarte MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry200 E Joppa Road Suite 206 Towson MD, 21286
Dr. Michael Labellarte practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Towson, MD. Dr. Labellarte evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Labellarte seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for children and adolescents.
- Insomnia in children: when are hypnotics indicated?
- Searching for moderators and mediators of pharmacological treatment effects in children and adolescents with anxiety disorders.
- Benign U-wave mistaken for QTc prolongation.
- Review of safety assessment methods used in pediatric psychopharmacology.
- How can we improve the assessment of safety in child and adolescent psychopharmacology?
- Psychosis in children: diagnosis and treatment.
- Commentary: unmasked and uncontrolled medication trials in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Dr. Michael John Labellarte MD's Practice location
Towson, MD 21286Get Direction
Dr. Michael John Labellarte MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Labellarte
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Terry G Pritt MD7827 Wise Ave Dundalk MD 21222
- Dr. Dorothy Kalyanapu M.D.1005 Frederick Rd Catonsville MD 21228
- Dr. Brenda Castells MD6501 N Charles St Towson MD 21204
- Edore Celestina Onigu-otite M.B;B.S.1750 E Fairmount Ave Baltimore MD 21231
- Dr. Ashwini Sabnis M.D.6501 N CHARLES ST TOWSON MD 21204
- Dr. Justine Julia Larson M.D.600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287