Dr. Heidi Chua is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Chua specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Chua often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
University Of Missouri Med School 1994
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 1994
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cervical necrotising fasciitis consequent to mastoid infection.
- Unusual bacterial infections and colorectal carcinoma--Streptococcus bovis and Clostridium septicum: report of three cases.
- Detection of betanodavirus in juvenile barramundi, Lates calcarifer (Bloch), by antigen capture ELISA.
- Adenocarcinoma developing at an ileostomy: report of a case and review of the literature.
- Segmental vs. extended colectomy: measurable differences in morbidity, function, and quality of life.
- Synchronous rectal and hepatic resection of rectal metastatic disease.
- Restoration of the Dopamine Transporter through Cell Therapy Improves Dyskinesia in a Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease.
- Crohn's Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
Dr. Heidi K Chua MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Dr. Heidi K Chua MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chua
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Dr. Yi-qian You MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Bruce G Wolff M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Eric J Dozois M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. David J Hochman M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Daniel I-hsin Chu M.D.725 Albany Street Boston MA 02118