Dr. Etienne A. Mejia M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine277 Altenhofen Dr Appleton WI, 54913
Dr. Etienne Mejia is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Appleton, WI. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Mejia is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1988
Tulane University of Louisiana 1988
Tulane University School of Medicine 1988
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- 2018
- Musculoskeletal Problems, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery
- Torn Meniscus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Birth Defects
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cinci Sports Med/Orth Ctr, Sports Medicine-Orthopedic Surgery; Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Naval Medical Center
- Naval Medical Center San Diego 1996
- Montana Family Medicine Sports Medicine Program
- Cincinnati Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center 1999
Dr. Etienne A. Mejia M.D.'s Practice location
Appleton, WI 54913Get Direction
Dr. Etienne A. Mejia M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mejia
- What Are the Benefits of Yoga?
Yoga, a discipline for physical, mental, and spiritual health, has been in vogue for centuries. Yoga spread to different parts of the world in the 20th century and is now considered to be a trendy way to work on physical and mental fitness. Yoga offers a number of benefits for each person such as...
- Treatment for Sepsis
Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an infection that is extensive and had spread through the bloodstream. If you become septic, you will probably have a low blood pressure, which will cause a poor blood circulation as well as an absence of blood perfusion in the vital organs and...
- Can Dehydration Lead to Mood Swings?
Even mild dehydration was found to have a drastic effect on the moods and concentration of women, according to a new study conducted on 25 healthy women. The results, published in The Journal of Nutrition, shows that mild dehydration causes mood swings, increased fatigue, and headaches in women.In...
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Dr. Tara Lee Frerks MD3916 N INTERTECH CT APPLETON WI 54913
- Dr. Timothy S Mologne M.D.277 Altenhofen Dr Appleton WI 54913
- Dr. Douglas Connor MD820 E Grant St Appleton WI 54911
- Dr. Todd B Smith MD820 E Grant St Appleton WI 54911
- Dr. Jennifer S Weibel DO855 N WESTHAVEN DR OSHKOSH WI 54904
- Dr. Willa Corrine Fornetti DO, MS855 N WESTHAVEN DR OSHKOSH WI 54904