Dr. Heidi Ann Stephany M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology1 Childrens Hospital Dr 4401 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh PA, 15224
Dr. Heidi Stephany practices Pediatric Urology in Pittsburgh, PA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Stephany is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Stephany performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
University of Wales in Great Britain
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the bladder masquerading as eosinophilic cystitis: case report and review of the literature.
- The Role of Prophylactic Antibiotics After Minimally Invasive Pyeloplasty With Ureteral Stent Placement in Children.
- Laparoscopic vs Open Pyeloplasty in Children: Results of a Randomized, Prospective, Controlled Trial.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation of the Foot: Results of a Novel At-home, Noninvasive Treatment for Nocturnal Enuresis in Children.
- Robotic Ureteral Reimplant-the Current Role.
- Advances in Pediatric Urinary Diversion.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Heidi Ann Stephany M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15224Get Direction
ORANGE, CA 92868Get Direction
Dr. Heidi Ann Stephany M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stephany
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...