Dr. Mihail Chelu is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Chelu performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium leak and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Intracellular calcium leak due to FKBP12.6 deficiency in mice facilitates the inducibility of atrial fibrillation.
- Calmodulin kinase II-mediated sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ leak promotes atrial fibrillation in mice.
- Incidence of arrhythmias during dialysis in intensive-care-unit patients with end-stage renal disease.
- Safety and effectiveness of compassionate use of LARIAT® device for epicardial ligation of anatomically complex left atrial appendages.
- Occasional dropped ventricular pacing in a patient with no underlying rhythm and an Advisa® dual-chamber pacemaker.
- Transhepatic venous approach to permanent pacemaker placement in a patient with limited central venous access.
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Shock after Stenting Across the Device Leads.
Mihail Gabriel Chelu M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84132Get Direction
Mihail Gabriel Chelu M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Nassir F. Marrouche M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Nazem W Akoum M.D.30 N 1900 E Rm 4a100 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Benjamin A Steinberg M.D., M.H.S.30 N 1900 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132
- Travis Scott Wall MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Ravi Ranjan MD30 N 1900 E Rm 4a100 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Stephen Joseph Rechenmacher M.D.30 N 1900 E Rm 4a100 Salt Lake City UT 84132