Dr. Michael P Spencer MD
Colon and Rectal Surgeon3738 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Minneapolis MN, 55433
Dr. Michael Spencer is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Spencer specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Spencer often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med- Springfield Il 1985
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
Dr. Michael P Spencer MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55433Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55441Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55407Get Direction
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- Dr. Amy J Thorsen MD2800 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Isaac Felemovicius M.D.3366 Oakdale Avenue North Minneapolis MN 55422
- Dr. Elizabeth Rachael Raskin MD1983 Sloan Pl Saint Paul MN 55117
- Dr. Mary R Kwaan M.D., M.P.H.420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Ann C Lowry MD6363 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435
- Dr. Richard Karulf MD6363 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435