Dr. Todd Golub is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Golub specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Golub treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Golub can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1989
- Interpreting patterns of gene expression with self-organizing maps: methods and application to hematopoietic differentiation.
- Expression analysis with oligonucleotide microarrays reveals that MYC regulates genes involved in growth, cell cycle, signaling, and adhesion.
- Genomic analysis of metastasis reveals an essential role for RhoC.
- Genome-wide views of cancer.
- Chemosensitivity prediction by transcriptional profiling.
- Genomic approaches to the pathogenesis of hematologic malignancy.
- MLL translocations specify a distinct gene expression profile that distinguishes a unique leukemia.
- Multiclass cancer diagnosis using tumor gene expression signatures.
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma outcome prediction by gene-expression profiling and supervised machine learning.
- Prediction of central nervous system embryonal tumour outcome based on gene expression.
- UBE1L is a retinoid target that triggers PML/RARalpha degradation and apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- DNA microarrays in clinical oncology.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha suppresses adipocyte-specific genes and activates expression of preadipocyte genes in 3T3-L1 adipocytes: nuclear factor-kappaB activation by TNF-alpha is obligatory.
- Bcl2 regulation by the melanocyte master regulator Mitf modulates lineage survival and melanoma cell viability.
- The Ewing's sarcoma oncoprotein EWS/FLI induces a p53-dependent growth arrest in primary human fibroblasts.
- Children'S Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Todd R Golub M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Todd R Golub M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Can Turmeric Help Fight Cancer?
What is cancer?Cancer is the term given to a group of diseases where cells uncontrollably grow. All types of cancer usually begin in cells and can develop anywhere in the body. It begins when there are changes in a cell or a group of cells. The human body is composed of millions and millions of...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Raffaele Renella M.D., PH.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Eva Catharina Guinan MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Akiko Shimamura MD, PHD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Christina K Ullrich M.D.44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Susanne Baumeister MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Susan N Chi MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115