Dr. Fareed Tabatabai M.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry3225 Hedley Rd Springfield IL, 62711
Dr. Fareed Tabatabai is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Tabatabai specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Tabatabai helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1991
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1991
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Psychiatry
- University Iowa Hosps and Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Fareed Tabatabai M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62711Get Direction
Dr. Fareed Tabatabai M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tabatabai
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Seetal Kakumani MBBS1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Stephanie Ann Van ulft M. D.444 N Pleasant Ave Centralia IL 62801
- Dr. Richard B Alexander M.D.3225 Hedley Rd Springfield IL 62711
- Dr. Conrad M Swartz M.D., PH.D.901 W Jefferson St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Laura K Shea M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702