Dr. Shakil Merchant is a pathologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Merchant is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Merchant can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Merchant may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Seth G S Med College University Of Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra India 1992
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- Haemangiopericytoma of kidney: a report of 2 cases.
- Granulomatous peritonitis after laparoscopic cholecystectomy mimicking pelvic endometriosis.
- Amelioration of ischemia-reperfusion injury with cyclic peptide blockade of ICAM-1.
- Alleviation of systemic manifestations of multicentric Castleman's disease by thalidomide.
- Sporadic duodenal bulb gastrin-cell tumors: association with Helicobacter pylori gastritis and long-term use of proton pump inhibitors.
- Low grade fibromyxoid sarcoma: report of a case with epithelioid cell morphology, masquerading as a papillary thyroid carcinoma.
- Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Hematology-Pathology; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Shakil H Merchant M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78230Get Direction
SHAVANO PARK, TX 78249Get Direction
Dr. Shakil H Merchant M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Dr. Denise Wright Francois MD9901 Ih 10 W San Antonio TX 78230
- Dr. Nicole D. Riddle M.D.7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Stephen Gill M.D.4085 DE ZAVALA RD SHAVANO PARK TX 78249
- Dr. Raymond W Kaercher D.D.S., M.D.12274 Bandera Rd Helotes TX 78023
- Dr. Eve Marie Betancourt M.D.9600 DATAPOINT DR SAN ANTONIO TX 78229
- Dr. Roby P. Joyce M.D.12412 Judson Rd San Antonio TX 78233