Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology282 Washington St Hartford CT, 06106
Dr. Eric Nelson practices Pediatric Urology in Hartford, CT. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Nelson is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Nelson performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Tufts University Medical School MD
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Urinary Tract / Bladder Infection
- Abnormal urination, frequency, painful urination, blood in urine
- Spina bifida complications
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
Experience & Accolades
- ResidencyThomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.'s Practice location
Hartford, CT 06106Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
RICHMOND, VA 23219Get Direction
Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Christina Kim MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. John H. Makari MD10 Birdseye Road Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Sarah Rebecca Marietti shepherd M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.263 FARMINGTON AVE FARMINGTON CT 06030
- Dr. Fernando Ferrer MD10 Birdseye Road Farmington CT 06032