Dr. Maria Nguyen is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Nguyen specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Infectious Diseases; Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Internal Medicine; Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Internal Medicine
Dr. Maria K Nguyen M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77070Get Direction
CYPRESS, TX 77429Get Direction
Dr. Maria K Nguyen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- How is Lyme Disease Treated?
Lyme disease is a relatively new disease, being discovered in 1981 by Willy Burgdorfer, which is a fairly short time in the medical sector. Therefore, it is still widely unknown and many groups still have varying opinions about the ideal treatment strategies.Controversy in Lyme disease treatment...
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- What Causes Cholera?
Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease that causes thousands of deaths each year and inflicts tremendous pain in areas where it has been reported. This infection is a great menace that has been disturbing humankind. However, it does not mean that cholera is everywhere or that it cannot be treated...
- Foodborne Diseases Commonly Occur With Imported Foods
According to the CDC, imported foods from different countries are causing more outbreaks of foodborne diseases. “Among the different foods imported from other countries, fish and spices, particularly pepper, are the culprits," says Hannah Gould, PhD, said in a report presented at the International...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- Dr. Akram Shakhashiro MD915 Gessner Rd Houston TX 77024
- Mr. Ibrahim Garcia-mowatt M.D.427 W 20th St Houston TX 77008
- Dr. Anjali Dasgupta MD1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Luis Enrique Castillo M.D.607 Timberdale Ln Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Muhammad Aquil Shaikh M.D.425 Holderrieth Blvd Tomball TX 77375
- Dr. Nabil T Khoury M.D.607 Timberdale Ln Houston TX 77090