Dr. Audrea Merchant is a psychiatrist practicing in Oak Ridge, TN. Dr. Merchant is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Merchant diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Merchant may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Merchant treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1995
- Vidant Medical Center/East Carolina University Program
Dr. Audrea Merchant MD's Practice location
Oak Ridge, TN 37830Get Direction
Lumberton, NC 28358Get Direction
Dr. Audrea Merchant MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merchant
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How Common is Binge-Eating Disorder?
Individuals with Binge eating disorder (BED) experience episodes of binge eating or excess eating. They may also skip meals constantly, but they will not purge after binges. Although not always, the condition can eventually cause significant weight gain. Most people with BED try to hide their binge...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Dr. Pradumna S Jain MD3105 Essary Dr Knoxville TN 37918
- Dr. Stephanie Hall M.D.2018 Western Ave Knoxville TN 37921
- Dr. Raymond L Paine MD9401 Park West Blvd Knoxville TN 37923
- Dr. John C Rodgers MD201 N Weisgarber Rd Knoxville TN 37919
- Megan Elizabeth Browder M.D.1451 DOWELL SPRINGS BLVD KNOXVILLE TN 37909
- Dr. Clifton Raymond Tennison MD201 W Springdale Ave Knoxville TN 37917