Dr. William H Albers MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology420 Ne Glen Oak Ave Suite 304 Peoria IL, 61603
Dr. William Albers is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Albers specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1959
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- Letter: The need for control study in Reye's syndrome.
- Hypothermia for the treatment of postsurgical greatly accelerated junctional ectopic tachycardia.
- Constrictive pericarditis and atrial septal defect, secundum type. With special reference to left ventricular volumes and related hemodynamic findings.
- The Frank electrocardiogram in complete transposition of the great arteries: its use in assessment of left ventricular pressure.
- Fiberoptic-dye dilution method for measurement of cardiac output. Comparison with the direct Fick and the angiocardiographic methods.
- A prospective clinical trial of the "HIM" test.
- Plasma renin activity in children with coarctation of the aorta.
- Obstetric factors related to bacteremia in the newborn infant.
- Unilateral chronic pulmonary edema and pleural effusion after systemic-pulmonary artery shunts for cyanotic congenital heart disease.
- In utero diagnosis and management of fetal supraventricular tachycardia.
- Massive pericardial effusion due to Mycoplasma hominis in a newborn.
- Children'S Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Metrohealth Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Pediatrics
Dr. William H Albers MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61603Get Direction
Dr. William H Albers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Albers
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Dr. Stephen E Bash MD420 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61603
- Dr. Ty E Hasselman MD420 NE GLEN OAK AVE PEORIA IL 61603
- Dr. Cecilia Anne Albaro M.D.420 NE GLEN OAK AVE PEORIA IL 61603
- Dr. Jitendra J Shah MD420 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61603
- Dr. Marc Douglas Knepp M.D.420 NE GLEN OAK AVE PEORIA IL 61603
- Dr. Ugonna Thomas antoine Nwankwo M.D.420 NE GLEN OAK AVE STE 301 PEORIA IL 61603