Dr. Edwin R Fuller MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology7024 Burnett-Womack Building Cb#7155 Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Dr. Edwin Fuller is a nephrologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Fuller specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Fuller most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Analytical model for residual stresses in polymeric containers during cryogenic storage of hematopoietic stem cells.
- Risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: evaluation of gadolinium chelate contrast agents at four American universities.
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: change in incidence following a switch in gadolinium agents and adoption of a gadolinium policy--report from two U.S. universities.
- Quarter-dose (0.025 mmol/kg) gadobenate dimeglumine for abdominal MRI in patients at risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: preliminary observations.
Dr. Edwin R Fuller MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Raleigh, NC 27607Get Direction
Dr. Edwin R Fuller MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fuller
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Dr. Scott Leonard Sanoff M.D.Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Julieanne Gibson Mcgregor MD7024-B Burnett Womack Building Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Uptal D Patel M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Michael Berkoben M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Justin David Westervelt M.D.988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William A Primack MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599