Dr. Steven Norbert Hochwald MD
SurgeonElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY, 14263
Dr. Steven Hochwald is a general surgeon practicing in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Hochwald specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Hochwald provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Images for surgeons. Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the pancreas.
- Nuclear factor-kappa B is upregulated in colorectal cancer.
- Local excision and postoperative radiation therapy for rectal adenocarcinoma.
- Significance of micrometastases in colorectal cancer.
- Metastatic potential of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans with fibrosarcomatous change.
- Inducible nuclear factor-kappaB activation contributes to chemotherapy resistance in gastric cancer.
- FAP with concurrent duodenal adenomatous polyposis and carcinoid tumor.
- Adjuvant radiation therapy for resectable retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma:
- Enhanced sensitivity to chemotherapy in esophageal cancer through inhibition of NF-kappaB.
- Primary presacral neuroendocrine tumor associated with imperforate anus.
- FAK and IGF-IR interact to provide survival signals in human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells.
- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor: molecular pathogenesis and current management considerations.
- Contemporary results with ampullectomy for 29 "benign" neoplasms of the ampulla.
- Autoimmune pancreatitis and concurrent small lymphocytic lymphoma: not just a coincidence?
- Isolated lymphoplasmacytic sclerosing pancreatitis involving the pancreatic tail.
- Colorectal Cancer (colon Cancer), Esophageal Cancer, Liver Cancer And More
- Member PHYSICIAN LIASION TO THE COMMISSION ON CANCER
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH
- Member AMERICAN HEPATO-PANCREATICOBILIARY SOCIETY
- Member MEMBER OF PANCREAS CLUB
- Member SOCIETY FOR SURGERY OF THE ALIMENTARY TRACT
- Member MEMBER OF AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY
- Member SOCIETY OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
- Fellow FELLOW OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS
- Member FLASCO
- ONCOLOGY, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 1997
- ONCOLOGY, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 1993
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Surgery 1997
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Surgical Metabolism Laboratory, under Michael Burt, M.D., Ph.D., and Murray F. Brennan, M.D. 1993
Dr. Steven Norbert Hochwald MD's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14263Get Direction
MIAMI BEACH, FL 33140Get Direction
The Woodlands, TX 77384Get Direction
Dr. Steven Norbert Hochwald MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hochwald
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- Dr. Sonya Noor M.D.4960 Harlem Rd Amherst NY 14226
- Dr. Christopher Bellber MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Fadi Dagher MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Alan R Posner MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Rexford Lee Thomas M.D1026 Union Rd Buffalo NY 14224
- Dr. Akram S Talhouk MD85 High St Buffalo NY 14203