Dr. Paul Mulhausen practices Geriatric Medicine in Iowa City, IA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Mulhausen works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Paul L Mulhausen MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
DES MOINES, IA 50317Get Direction
Dr. Paul L Mulhausen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- How to Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an autoimmune disorder. There is no specific reason for this disarray in the immune system, and this is why it is difficult to list preventive measures. However, there are some ways to reduce the chances of occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, there are...
- Dr. Yuya Hagiwara MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Dale E Bieber MD105 E 9TH ST CORALVILLE IA 52241
- Dr. Nicholas Ryan Butler M.D.920 E 2ND AVE STE 201B CORALVILLE IA 52241
- Dr. Margo L Schilling MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Udaya Marie Kabadi MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Arthur Lawrence Doenecke MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242