Dr. Richard Berkman practices Neurological Surgery in Nashville, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Berkman prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1987
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery
Dr. Richard A Berkman M.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37203Get Direction
NASHVILLE, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Richard A Berkman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berkman
IF YOU WANT A DOCTOR THAT DONT CARE SEE HIM!.
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. Robert J Singer M.D.3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Matthew Joseph Mcgirt M.D.3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Oran S Aaronson MD3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Douglas C Mathews M.D.3443 Dickerson Pike Nashville TN 37207
- Dr. Vaughan A Allen M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Gregory B Lanford M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203