Dr. Donald Wilson is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Jackson, TN. Dr. Wilson specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Wilson can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Wilson can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1986
Georgetown University in Washington DC 1986
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Experience modifies olfactory acuity: acetylcholine-dependent learning decreases behavioral generalization between similar odorants.
- Molecular biology of early olfactory memory.
- Rapid, experience-induced enhancement in odorant discrimination by anterior piriform cortex neurons.
- Olfactory bulb mitral-tufted cell plasticity: odorant-specific tuning reflects previous odorant exposure.
- Trans-neuronal regulation of cortical apoptosis in the adult rat olfactory system.
- Coordinate synaptic mechanisms contributing to olfactory cortical adaptation.
- Fish smell. Focus on "Odorant specificity of single olfactory bulb neurons to amino acids in the channel catfish".
- High-frequency oscillations are not necessary for simple olfactory discriminations in young rats.
- Odor perception is dynamic: consequences for interpretation of odor maps.
- Cortical metabotropic glutamate receptors contribute to habituation of a simple odor-evoked behavior.
- Ontogeny of cortical synaptic depression underlying olfactory sensory gating in the rat.
- Relative medial and dorsal cortex volume in relation to sex differences in spatial ecology of a snake population.
- Olfactory cortical adaptation facilitates detection of odors against background.
- The role of metabotropic glutamate receptors and cortical adaptation in habituation of odor-guided behavior.
- Cortical contributions to olfaction: plasticity and perception.
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Breast Cancer
- Uterine Prolapse
- Skin Tag
- Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University Of Tn College Of Med
- University of Tennessee Program
Donald A Wilson Other's Practice location
Jackson, TN 38305Get Direction
Donald A Wilson Other's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
When a woman gets pregnant, there are numerous physical changes that occur in her body. These changes are essential to support fetal development and prepare the body for labor.Most women consider the second trimester as the easiest months during pregnancy. This is their favorite time of their...
- Why Do I Keep Getting Hot Flashes?
Having hot flashes does not necessarily mean that you have reached menopause. Many other causes apart from the termination of your menstrual cycle can trigger the occurrence of hot flashes. Therefore, understanding the exact cause of your symptoms can really help you in establishing whether you are...
- How Does a Patient's Surgeon Influence Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions?
When a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first treatment options is to remove the affected tissue, typically through a mastectomy. In addition to a mastectomy, a patient may also undergo chemotherapy in order to eradicate traces of the disease that may remain or have spread beyond...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Fibroids?
Fibroids don’t have clear signs and symptoms. However, there are certain symptoms a woman with fibroids will show. Before you understand the signs and symptoms of fibroids, you should know some key facts:...
- Are Prenatal Vitamins Necessary During Pregnancy?
Vitamin supplements that are taken before, during, and after pregnancy are known as prenatal vitamins. These vitamins are similar to multivitamin supplements, but specifically cater to the nutritional needs of expecting mothers. It goes without saying that pregnant women are often encouraged to eat...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- Dr. William Bradford Adkins M.D.244 Coatsland Dr Jackson TN 38301
- Dr. Richard Kent Wagner M.D.620 Skyline Dr Jackson TN 38301
- Dr. Nathan John Hoeldtke M.D.620 Skyline Dr Jackson TN 38301
- Dr. David James Watlington M.D.153 Vo-Tech Drive Mcminnville TN 37110
- Dr. Andrea Marshall Harper M.D.244 Coatsland Dr Jackson TN 38301
- Dr. Armie W Walker MD8 Medical Center Dr Jackson TN 38301