Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology3252 Holiday Ct. Ste 113 LaJolla CA, 92037
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1983
Pediatric Pulmonology (Pediatrics)
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP's Expert Contributions
I have been using clinical hypnosis as part of my pediatric medical practice for the past 25 years. In my new book, Changing Children’s Lives with Hypnosis: A Journey to the Center, I tell about how I was introduced to the field of hypnosis and how it dramatically changed my approach to medical...
Exposure to cigarette smoke in childhood can lead to the development of asthma. However, it is very unlikely to cause cancer in a 4-year-old because that requires many years of exposure to smoke. Therefore, I would not have your daughter screened for cancer. Your husband should be encouraged strongly to take his cigarette smoking out of the house because it is wrong for him to expose your daughter to more smoke that can hurt her lungs, and also cause her to develop ear infections. Your husband should certainly undergo cancer screenings as long as he continues to smoke. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. ? P. 858.201.4001 F. 858.586.1199? www.centerpointmedicine.com Author: Changing Children's Lives with Hypnosis: A Journey to the Center READ MORE
Yes, general anesthesia is used for a lung resection because it is a complicated and large surgery. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. ? P. 858.201.4001 F. 858.586.1199? www.centerpointmedicine.com Author: Changing Children's Lives with Hypnosis: A Journey to the Center READ MORE
Your mother's inhaler could have a different medication that may not help your son. It may even hurt him. You should not give him your mother's inhaler. Instead, call your doctor to prescribe a new one. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. READ MORE
My son died of cystic fibrosis when he was a teenager. Is it possible for his brother to get it too?
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease, yes. If your unborn son has the same father as your other son, then there is a 25% chance that he could have CF. If he has another father, then his odds of having CF are less than 3%. Your unborn child can be tested for CF before birth. In the United States, all babies are screened for CF at birth. For more information, you may want to consult with the CF Center at which your older son received care, or you can discuss your question with the pediatrician who will take care of your baby. I am sorry for your loss of your older son. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Parental compliance with multiple immunization injections.
- My name shouldn't be in the malpractice data bank--but it is.
- Compliance with initiation of a sequential schedule for polio immunization.
- Of mind, body, and modern technology.
- Hypnosis, Theodore Roosevelt, and the patient with cystic fibrosis.
- Hypnosis as a diagnostic modality for vocal cord dysfunction.
- Self-hypnosis for patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Self-hypnosis for management of chronic dyspnea in pediatric patients.
- The closure and the rings: when a physician disregards a patient's wish.
- Automatic word processing: a new forum for hypnotic expression.
- Self-hypnosis for the treatment of functional abdominal pain in childhood.
- Self-expression through poetry in hypnosis.
- You don't like the taste of your medication? So change the taste!
- Hypnosis in pediatrics: applications at a pediatric pulmonary center.
- Self-hypnosis for anxiety associated with severe asthma: a case report.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
Areas of researchHypnosis therapy
Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP's Practice location
LaJolla, CA 92037Get Direction
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Dr. Mark Steven Pian M.D.3860 Calle Fortunada San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Daniel John Lesser M.D.3860 Calle Fortunada San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. James S Hagood MD3020 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Meerana Lim M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Julie Ryu M.D.200 West Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Eulalia Cheng MD8110 BIRMINGHAM WAY SAN DIEGO CA 92123