Dr. Ran Anbar practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Anbar treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP's Expert Contributions
Your mother's inhaler could have a different medication that may not help your son. It may even hurt him. You should not give him your mother's inhaler. Instead, call your doctor to prescribe a new one. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. READ MORE
My son died of cystic fibrosis when he was a teenager. Is it possible for his brother to get it too?
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease, yes. If your unborn son has the same father as your other son, then there is a 25% chance that he could have CF. If he has another father, then his odds of having CF are less than 3%. Your unborn child can be tested for CF before birth. In the United States, all babies are screened for CF at birth. For more information, you may want to consult with the CF Center at which your older son received care, or you can discuss your question with the pediatrician who will take care of your baby. I am sorry for your loss of your older son. Ran D. Anbar, M.D. READ MORE
- Parental compliance with multiple immunization injections.
- My name shouldn't be in the malpractice data bank--but it is.
- Compliance with initiation of a sequential schedule for polio immunization.
- Of mind, body, and modern technology.
- Hypnosis, Theodore Roosevelt, and the patient with cystic fibrosis.
- Hypnosis as a diagnostic modality for vocal cord dysfunction.
- Self-hypnosis for patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Self-hypnosis for management of chronic dyspnea in pediatric patients.
- The closure and the rings: when a physician disregards a patient's wish.
- Automatic word processing: a new forum for hypnotic expression.
- Self-hypnosis for the treatment of functional abdominal pain in childhood.
- Self-expression through poetry in hypnosis.
- You don't like the taste of your medication? So change the taste!
- Hypnosis in pediatrics: applications at a pediatric pulmonary center.
- Self-hypnosis for anxiety associated with severe asthma: a case report.
- Mass Gen Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
LaJolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP | Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ran Dani Anbar, MD, FAAP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Croup?
Croup is a common viral illness that affects children, and is characterized by symptoms that include a runny nose and an extreme cough. This viral infection affects the voice box and the wind pipe and may lead to obstruction in breathing. The vocal cords are swollen and as air is forced through this...
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- Croup and Epiglottitis: What’s Their Difference?
Croup and epiglottitis are two conditions involving the anatomical structures located in the throat. These two conditions are almost similar because their symptoms replicate one another. Croup and epiglottitis enable a child to have breathing difficulties. Both are infectious conditions; however,...