Dr. Larry W Markham M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology3333 Burnet Ave Ml 2003 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Larry Markham is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Markham specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
E Tn State Univ J H Quillen Coll Of Med- Johnson City Tn 1996
East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- From then to now: a resident's perspective of pediatric cardiology.
- Outpatient continuous inotrope infusion as an adjunct to heart failure therapy in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Correlation of heart rate and cardiac dysfunction in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Evaluation of post-contrast myocardial t1 in duchenne muscular dystrophy using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
- Update on the challenges facing the adult with congenital heart disease community: for both the patient and provider.
- Contemporary cardiac issues in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Working Group of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute in collaboration with Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.
- Translating golden retriever muscular dystrophy microarray findings to novel biomarkers for cardiac/skeletal muscle function in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Increased myocardial native T1 and extracellular volume in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- The Correlation of Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle Dysfunction in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Evaluation of Echocardiographic Measures of Left Ventricular Function in Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Assessment of Reproducibility and Comparison to Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Does Body Mass Index Predict Premature Cardiomyopathy Onset for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy?
- Management of Kawasaki disease in adults.
- Management of Cardiac Involvement Associated With Neuromuscular Diseases: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Marfan Syndrome
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatric Cardiology; Univ Hosp Of Arkansas, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital/Boston Medical Center Program A
Dr. Larry W Markham M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Larry W Markham M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Markham
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Jeffrey A. Towbin MD3333 Burnet Ave. Cincinnati OH 45229
- Christopher Philip Learn M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Christopher Joseph Statile M.D.3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Timothy K Knilans M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Nicolas Leth Madsen MD3333 BURNET AVE CINCINNATI OH 45229
- Dr. Erik C Michelfelder M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229