Dr. Andrew Allen practices Periodontics in Brunswick, ME. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Allen has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Allen provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
- Hematology of equine fetuses with comparisons to their dams.
- Hypoglycemia in sick and moribund farmed elk calves.
- Effects of delayed serum separation and long-term storage on the measurement of thyroid hormones in equine blood samples.
- The diagnosis of acetaminophen toxicosis in a cat.
- Effect of dental floating on the rostrocaudal mobility of the mandible of horses.
- King and Pennel's free graft series: a defining moment revisited.
- Urinary obstruction secondary to an ossifying fibroma of the os penis in a dog.
- Use of the gingival unit transfer in soft tissue grafting: report of three cases.
- Evaluation of experimental methods to induce congenital hypothyroidism in guinea pigs for use in the study of congenital hypothyroidism in horses.
- Endometrial polyps in 2 African pygmy hedgehogs.
- Use of intra-articular administration of ethyl alcohol for arthrodesis of the
- Temporomandibular joint cytokine profiles in the horse.
- Determining the cause of hypercalcemia in a dog.
- Effect of rostrocaudal mobility of the mandible on feed digestibility and fecal particle size in horses.
- Insulinoma in a dog with pre-existing insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Agreement among surgical pathologists evaluating routine histologic sections of digits amputated from cats and dogs.
- Canine brucellosis in a Saskatchewan kennel.
- Endogenous lipid pneumonia and what lies beneath.
- Comparison of three drilling techniques for carpometacarpal joint arthrodesis in horses.
- "What's up, Doc?".
- Induration of the cricoid cartilage complicates prosthetic laryngoplasty in a horse.
- Investigating the sudden death of a dog.
- Epidemiology of equine sarcoids in horses in western Canada.
- Evaluation of ethyl alcohol for use in a minimally invasive technique for equine proximal interphalangeal joint arthrodesis.
- Penetrating metallic foreign bodies as a cause of peritonitis in 3 horses.
- Evaluation of a minimally invasive arthrodesis technique for the carpometacarpal
- Multiple pyogranulomas in a Katahdin ewe.
- Localization of Bovine papillomavirus in equine sarcoids and inflammatory skin conditions of horses using laser microdissection and two forms of DNA amplification.
- Primary references for the gingival graft procedure: a note of clarification.
- A retrospective study of spinal cord lesions in goats submitted to 3 veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
- A retrospective study of brain lesions in goats submitted to three veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
- Failure of a VapA/CpG oligodeoxynucleotide vaccine to protect foals against experimental Rhocococcus equi pneumonia despite induction of VapA-specific antibody and interferon-γ response.
- Optic neuropathy in a herd of beef cattle in Alberta associated with consumption of moldy corn.
- The lesions of toe tip necrosis in southern Alberta feedlot cattle provide insight into the pathogenesis of the disease.
- Chronic active interstitial pancreatitis as a cause of transverse colonic obstruction and colic in a horse.
- Neoplasia in 125 donkeys (Equus asinus): literature review and a survey of five
- Equine pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction: An international survey of veterinarians' approach to diagnosis, management, and estimated prevalence.
Dr. Andrew L. Allen D.M.D, M.S.'s Practice location
Brunswick, ME 04011Get Direction
Dr. Andrew L. Allen D.M.D, M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 17 Years After September 11, 2001, FBI Agent Battles Lymphoma With the Help of the Sentara Cancer Network
FBI explosives expert, Thomas Mohnal, has been witness to a lot of horrific cases in his line of work. The Unabomber case, Embassy bombing in Africa, plane crashes that happened in New York and Mexico – the list goes on and on. ...
- What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
Once upon a time, this oil was ostracized by experts for the saturated fat present within it. However, coconut oil is regaining its position in health streams due to innumerable benefits that it offers. It is now considered as oil that can be a cure for many conditions, including thyroid problems,...
- Understanding Hallucinations and Brain Disconnections in Parkinson's Disease
The ProblemThose who suffer from Parkinson’s may experience a variety of symptoms through their life, but doctors state that Parkinson's patients who experience hallucination are more susceptible to encountering disconnections in their brains relative to Parkinson's patients that are not...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- State Senator Sparks Outrage, Says Nurses “Play Cards For a Considerable Amount of the Day”
Washington State Senator Maureen Walsh (R-Wala Wala) is being slammed for making remarks about nurses in small hospitals, suggesting that nurses in critical access hospitals “probably play cards for a considerable amount of the day.”On April 16, 2019, the Washington State Senate was considering...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...