Dr. Ryan Frederick Holbrook M.D.
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology601 S Sherman Spokane WA, 99202
Dr. Ryan Holbrook is a surgical oncologist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Holbrook specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Northwestern University Medical School MD 1986
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cancer Treatment
- Colon And Rectal Surgery
- Excision, Shaving, Or Destruction Of Skin And Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
- HIPEC Procedure
- Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
- Pancreas Surgery
- Liver Surgery
- Whipple Procedure
- Melanoma Removal
- Member Society of Surgical Oncology
- Maine Medical Center General Surgery 1992
- New England Medical Center General Surgery 1989
- Virginia Mason Medical Center Pancreas, Liver, and Biliary Surgery) 1995
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Endoscopy and Vascular access 1993
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Surgical Oncology 1994
Dr. Ryan Frederick Holbrook M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Ryan Frederick Holbrook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Holbrook
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...