Dr. Jorge L. Galan DO
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology2739 Laurel St 1-A Columbia SC, 29204
Dr. Galan graduated from Rutgers University with a bachelor's in chemistry. Dr. Galan became a Doctor of Osteopathy at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medi ...
Education and Training
Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med- Stratford Nj 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Gastroenterology; Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Internal Medicine
- Seton Hall U/St Michael's Med Center 1994
- Seton Hall University Affiliated Hospitals
- Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Gastroenterology Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jorge L. Galan DO's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29204Get Direction
COLUMBIA, SC 29212Get Direction
Dr. Jorge L. Galan DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Galan
- What Are the Symptoms of Celiac Disease?
Celiac disease is a digestive condition in which the lining of small intestine is affected by the consumption of food containing gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and other related grains. In this condition, eating bread, pasta, cookies, and pizza crust triggers an immune...
- Facts Every Celiac Patient Should Know
When someone is diagnosed with celiac disease they have to make significant lifestyle changes to ensure that they can properly manage their disorder. To make those changes, it’s critical that the patient and their family members have a proper understanding of celiac disease and how it affects a...
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Does Smoking Cause Acid Reflux?
In 2013, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the average smoker smokes 10-19 cigarettes a day, and about 17.8% of the population were active smokers. The first studies linking smoking to gastroesophageal reflux, or acid reflux, discovered that symptoms began...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Dr. Steedman A. Sarbah M.D.6439 Garners Ferry Rd Columbia SC 29209
- Dr. Edward E Kimbrough MD2739 Laurel St Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. John W Schaberg MD131 Summerplace Dr West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Rajinder Parmar MD1070 WILDWOOD CENTRE DR COLUMBIA SC 29229
- Dr. Burnett William Gallman M.D.4100 Main St Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Samuel Gabe Saleeby MD131 Summerplace Dr West Columbia SC 29169