Mr. Stephen K. Burger M. D.
Neurologist | Neurology333 S Illinois St Suite B Belleville IL, 62220
Dr. Stephen Burger practices Neuropathology in Belleville, IL. Dr. Burger studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Neurology
Mr. Stephen K. Burger M. D.'s Practice location
Belleville, IL 62220Get Direction
EDWARDSVILLE, IL 62025Get Direction
Mr. Stephen K. Burger M. D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Burger
- Singing as therapy: how it helps people with Parkinson’s disease
For a person diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, their mobility and movement control ability is impaired, such that they will develop tremors. Moreover, getting dressed, eating, writing, brushing teeth, and driving becomes more challenging. Family members of a patient with Parkinson’s disease...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Parkinson's Disease Can Appear Up to 10 Years Before Diagnosis
Parkinson’s disease is a long-term neurological disorder that mainly affects the body’s movements. This disorder attacks the muscle control; therefore, involuntary movements of a Parkinson’s disease patient are very evident. Most patients have a hard time controlling their balance and movement...
- Parkinson's Caregivers: More Common for Men than Women?
As Parkinson's disease slowly progresses into a crippling condition that can incapacitate the patient, many require external aid to perform basic tasks like cooking, cleaning after themselves, getting dressed or even getting around.For these reasons, most patients afflicted with Parkinson’s will...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- The History of Parkinson's Disease
You've probably heard of Parkinson's disease, with it affecting millions of people around the world, mostly those who are older. But do you know how it came to be? This disorder has a vast and interesting history as to how it came to be. It's essential to learn the history of Parkinson's to get a...
- Dr. Rawan Tarawneh MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Luigi Maccotta MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Erik Steven Musiek MD4488 FOREST PARK AVE SAINT LOUIS MO 63108
- Dr. Toni S Pearson MD1 CHILDRENS PL SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Eric Martin Mcdade DO4921 PARKVIEW PL SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Beau M Ances MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110