Dr. Raymond G Watts M.D.
Hematologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Hematology-Oncology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Raymond Watts is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Watts specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Watts treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Watts can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Severe hypophosphatemia: a rare cause of intravascular hemolysis.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a 10-year natural history study at the childrens hospital of alabama.
- Successful use of recombinant factor VIIa for emergency fasciotomy in a patient with hemophilia A and high-titer inhibitor unresponsive to factor VIII inhibitor bypassing activity.
- The use of recombinant factor VIIa in a patient with Noonan syndrome and life-threatening bleeding.
- Three sequential malignancies in a child.
- Venous thromboembolism in pediatric patients: epidemiologic data from a pediatric tertiary care center in Alabama.
- Chemotherapy medication errors in a pediatric cancer treatment center: prospective characterization of error types and frequency and development of a quality improvement initiative to lower the error rate.
- Phenotypes of allo- and autoimmune antibody responses to FVIII characterized by surface plasmon resonance.
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology; Univ Hosp Of Arkansas, Pediatrics
Dr. Raymond G Watts M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118Get Direction
Dr. Raymond G Watts M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Watts
- What is MyPlate Campaign?
MyPlate is the new model and symbol of healthy eating. Introduced by the US Department of Agriculture, MyPlate is an effort to make healthy eating simpler and more popular. In this campaign the food pyramid is replaced by an icon of plate that indicates what should be present in your meal plate. It...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Christina Joanne Bemrich-stolz MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Susan Irene Vear MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Matthew Kutny MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Kevin S Buckley M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Emmanuel John Volanakis M.D.1517 Davenport Dr Birmingham AL 35217
- Dr. Robert P Castleberry M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233