Dr. Megan Difurio is a pathologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Difurio is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Difurio can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Difurio may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 2004
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology- 2005
- 2009 Meritory Service Medal, US Army
- MD Resident/Fellow Physician Award, American Society of Cytopathology 2005 Warren R Lang
- Member American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Member College of American Pathologists
- Member United States and Canadian Association of Cytology
- Member Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology
- Member American Society of Cytopathology
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- National Capitol Consortium 2000
- SAUSHEC-Brooke Army Medical Center, Cytopathology, TX, USA 2005
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education 2004
Dr. Megan Justine Difurio M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Dr. Megan Justine Difurio M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Dr. Cynthia Guy M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Valerie Ann Murrah D.M.D.Unc School Of Dentistry Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Rajesh Dash M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Maureane Hoffman MD508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Michael Datto M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Sarah M Bean MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704