Dr. Luis Miguel Franco M.D.
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)6620 Main St Baylor Clinic Houston TX, 77030
Dr. Luis Franco, MD treats patients in Houston, Texas and Coral gables, Florida and specializes in clinical genetics (m.d.), internal medicine, and ph.d. medical genetics. Dr. Franco graduated from Pontificia ...
Education and Training
Pontifical Xavierian University
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
- MemberAmerican College of Physicians
- Member American Society of Human Genetics
- Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 2007
- Baylor College of Medicine, Medical Genetics 2009
Dr. Luis Miguel Franco M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Luis Miguel Franco M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Franco
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Michael John Gambello MD, PHD6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Dianna M Milewicz M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Shweta U Dhar M.D.1504 Taub Loop Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Sandesh Chakravarthy Sreenath nagamani MD6620 Main St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Guohui Lu M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Xinyan Lu MD1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030