Dr. Carroll Cross practices Pulmonology in Sacramento, CA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Cross manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1961
- Antioxidant supplementation decreases lipid peroxidation biomarker F(2)-isoprostanes in plasma of smokers.
- Ozone exposure activates oxidative stress responses in murine skin.
- Lung tumor development in mice exposed to tobacco smoke and fed beta-carotene diets.
- Identification of glutathione modifications by cigarette smoke.
- Environmental oxidant pollutant effects on biologic systems: a focus on micronutrient antioxidant-oxidant interactions.
- Smoking and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke decrease some plasma antioxidants and increase gamma-tocopherol in vivo after adjustment for dietary antioxidant intakes.
- Inhibition of oral peroxidase activity by cigarette smoke: in vivo and in vitro studies.
- The antioxidant milieu at asthmatic respiratory tract surfaces.
- Ozone-induced disruptions of lung transcriptomes.
- Induction of stress proteins and MMP-9 by 0.8 ppm of ozone in murine skin.
- Cytokine induction of prolactin receptors mediates prolactin inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis in pulmonary fibroblasts.
- Lycopene inhibits the growth of normal human prostate epithelial cells in vitro.
- Gene expression profile of oxidant stress and neurodegeneration in transgenic mice deficient in alpha-tocopherol transfer protein.
- 5-nitro-gamma-tocopherol increases in human plasma exposed to cigarette smoke in vitro and in vivo.
- Cystic fibrosis in adults: current and future management strategies.
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Stanford Hosp Ctr
Dr. Carroll E Cross MD's Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95817Get Direction
Dr. Carroll E Cross MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 6 Secrets of Thriving with CF
Thriving with cystic fibrosis (CF) means more than just surviving. It means truly learning to live an everyday life of fullness and wellbeing, despite having CF. While the average life expectancy of someone in the U.S. with CF may be thirty-seven, one can learn to manage the difficult symptoms,...
- What #break40 Means to Patients Living with Cystic Fibrosis
2-year-old James Alexander Cargal is a bubbly and energetic little boy who enjoys singing, dancing, and playing with his dogs. But he is also a fighter. James was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at just three weeks old. CF is a genetic disease that mostly affects the lungs, triggering persistent lung...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Doctor Turns Personal Tragedy Into Fight Against Cystic Fibrosis
Since cystic fibrosis runs in the family, continuously researching news about the disease can help both patients and their families stay up to date on current events, such as new CF medications and treatments. Yet, for one woman, Dr. Wanda O’Neal, merely researching the latest information on CF...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Kids with Cystic Fibrosis Given a “Breath of Life”
In 1999, Charles Dunlop founded Ambry Genetics because he wanted to work for an organization dedicated to restoring the balance between open science and commercial interests. An organization driven by scientists, genetic counselors, and physicians whose mission would be to put an end to disease and...
- Dr. Delbert H. Meyer MD6945 Fair Oaks Blvd Carmichael California 95608
- Kimberly A. Hardin4150 U Street Sacramento California 95817
- Dr. Daniel Philip Ikeda M.D.1485 RIVER PARK DR SACRAMENTO CA 95815
- Dr. Parimal T Bharucha M.D.6555 Coyle Avenue Carmichael CA 95608
- Dr. Alan Paul Cubre M.D.5 Medical Plaza Dr Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Muhammad Afzal M.D.1485 RIVER PARK DR SACRAMENTO CA 95815