Dr. Nicolas Eugene Walsh M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Sports Medicine7703 Floyd Curl Dr Mc 7798 San Antonio TX, 78229
Dr. Nicolas Walsh is a physiatrist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Walsh is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Walsh focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Walsh can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The Walter J. Zeiter lecture. Global initiatives in rehabilitation medicine.
- Evidence based guidelines and current practice for physiotherapy management of
- Effectiveness and clinical applicability of integrated rehabilitation programs for knee osteoarthritis.
- Long-term clinical benefits and costs of an integrated rehabilitation programme compared with outpatient physiotherapy for chronic knee pain.
- Assessing the impact of musculoskeletal health conditions using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.
- Feasibility of an exercise-based rehabilitation programme for chronic hip pain.
- Physical activity engagement in early rheumatoid arthritis: a qualitative study to inform intervention development.
- Theory-driven group-based complex intervention to support self-management of osteoarthritis and low back pain in primary care physiotherapy: protocol for a cluster randomised controlled feasibility trial (SOLAS).
- Using intervention mapping to develop a theory-driven, group-based complex intervention to support self-management of osteoarthritis and low back pain (SOLAS).
- Physiotherapy management of lower limb osteoarthritis.
Dr. Nicolas Eugene Walsh M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Dr. Nicolas Eugene Walsh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walsh
- Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
Risk Factors for OsteoporosisFixed risk factors are responsible for an individual’s vulnerability to osteoporosis. Unlike adaptable risks, they are factors that aren’t adjustable, including family history, age, and gender. People might also experience secondary factors that increase their...
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- The Worst Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Having rheumatoid arthritis means sticking to certain lifestyle practices. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to large-scale inflammation in the body, which typically affects the joints. The condition causes immobility and severe pain as the inflamed joints makes it painful to move. Rheumatoid...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Stephanie N. Pearson M.D.9150 HUEBNER RD STE 290 SAN ANTONIO TX 78240
- Dr. Ivan Edwards D.O.6502 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX TX 78238
- Maulik P. Purohit4502 Medical Drive San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Ephraim K Brenman DO400 CONCORD PLAZA DR STE 300 SAN ANTONIO TX 78216
- Dr. Joshua C. Hay MD4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Maureen R Nelson MD333 N SANTA ROSA SAN ANTONIO TX 78207