Dr. Amir Hammami is a pathologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Hammami is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Hammami can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Hammami may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Damascus, Fac of Med, Damascus, Syria 1977
University of Damascus / Faculty of Medicine 1977
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Emory Univ Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Clinical Pathology
- Emory University Hospital
Dr. Amir Hammami MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30344Get Direction
Dr. Amir Hammami MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. John Cochran MD3949 S COBB DR SE SMYRNA GA 30080
- Dr. Nazmi Volkan Adsay MD1364 Clifton Department Of Pathology Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Robert M Fryer DDS5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Melinda M. Lewis M.D.1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Bradley S Butler MD1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Dean William Joelson MD1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309