Dr. Sheila S Galbraith MD
Dermatologist | Pediatric DermatologyChildren's Hospital Of Wisconsin 9000 West Wisconsin Milwaukee WI, 53226
Dr. Sheila Galbraith is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Galbraith specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Galbraith diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1999
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology
- White papules in a child with Down syndrome.
- Cutaneous Crohn's disease mimicking Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome: treatment with methotrexate.
- Generalized congenital smooth muscle hamartoma presenting with hypertrichosis, excess skin folds, and follicular dimpling.
- Surgical resection of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: The University of Iowa experience.
- Cutaneous and disseminated blastomycosis: a pediatric case series.
- The natural history of skin-limited Langerhans cell histiocytosis: a single-institution experience.
- Longitudinal Study of Pediatric Urticaria Pigmentosa.
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Dermatology
Dr. Sheila S Galbraith MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53226Get Direction
EAU CLAIRE, WI 54701Get Direction
Dr. Sheila S Galbraith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Galbraith
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- Scabies Rash Pictures
What is scabies?Scabies is a contagious skin condition characterized by small and itchy red spots caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. Mites tend to burrow into the skin, which urges an individual to itch. Itching often worsens during nighttime. Scabies can spread through prolonged...
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...
- Impetigo: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Home Remedies
What is impetigo?Impetigo is also known as "school sores". It is a common bacterial skin infection that occurs in infants and young children, especially preschoolers. Although it is common among children, adults can get impetigo, too.The two types of bacteria that can cause impetigo...